A. Summary of our text:
- We are not to war in the flesh.
- The weapons of our warfare are mighty.
- Our weapons are empowered by God.
- Our weapons pull down
B. As you attack the strongholds
in your life you should be aware of this fact:
- You are battling the enemy for the
spiritual success of your future.
- Satanic forces will wage a person
assault against you to prevent it.
- Satan is no dummy. He knows full well
that those strongholds in your life are his only edge in holding you
back from taking full authority over him.
- As a believer
|You do have authority over the
devil and his demonic force.|
|The devil is a foe that has been defeated.,
disarmed and disabled. Hebrews 2:14 (AMP) "He
Himself in a similar manner partook of the same [nature], that by
[going through] death, He might bring to naught and make of no
effect him who had the power of death, that is, the devil."|
- As we enter into demolishing
strongholds, it is to be from the position of confident assurance
that we are going to win.
|We are not at a disadvantage in
dealing with the strongholds in our life.|
|We have been given power over all the
power of the enemy. If we will believe the Word of God, the enemy's
power has been destroyed when Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus made a
"zero" out of him.|
|The devil is not a "big
deal" Jesus is the "big deal." We can do all things
through Him. "I can do all things through Christ which
strengtheneth me" (Phil 4:13).|
- Our Spiritual Weaponry
- The written Word of God
- John 8:32, "And
ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."
- The truth of the Word is our legal
grounds for liberty.
- "It is written" will get
the devil anytime - every time - all the time.
- The Name of Jesus
- Phil. 2: 9-10, "Wherefore
God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is
above every name..that at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the
earth...And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is
Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
- In the name means with the approval
of, in the authority of, and for the acclaim of Jesus
- When we boldly speak and act upon
our belief in that name, strongholds will be demolished.
- The Blood of Jesus
- Eph. 1:7, "In whom we
have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins;
according to the riches of His grace."
- 1 John 1:7, "But if
we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship
one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His son cleanseth
us from all sin."
- It's the blood of the covenant.
- The present day ministry of the Holy
Spirit as illuminator
- The Holy Spirit makes the truth of
God relevant to our life. (See John 16:13-14)
- The Spirit inspired the Word and it
is He who must interpret that Word.
- Word of our Testimony
- Rev. 12:11, "And they
overcome him (satan) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of
their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the
- The "word of our
testimony" is our agreement with the written Word in the Name
- 1 John 5:14-15
- As we pray according to the Word, He
hears us, if we know that He hears us, we know that we have what
we ask of Him.
- What do you believe will happen as
you pray against strongholds?"
- Our part in "pulling
1. We are to receive the
light of the Word of God.
- The Word of God exposes the
- We are to apply the Word of God.
- The Word of God opposes the
- We are to exert the truth of the Word
- Declaring the Word of God deposes